Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's learning how to dance in the rain.
Want to Comment but Need Help?
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
On His Way to Recovery
J's surgeon just came and talked to J's mom and I. The surgery went well and he is now in recovery. We are waiting to see him in his room in about 15- 30 min. The surgeon removed half of the lymph node which was the size of a golf ball and he said he could tell that it was malignant. He said he has removed enough of them to know that it was cancer and that he couldn't remove more than that with out extensive surgery and removing neck muscle and tissue. Also knowing that the cancer was in other areas like the lungs he saw no good reason to remove the whole lymph node. The results will be back in 4 days but we are pretty sure the doctor will start chemo right away knowing the cancer is there. They should have the results of the PET scan by tomorrow if not sooner and we will know exactly where the cancer is. I will update more as info comes about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
To continue reading about our journey click the "older posts" button...


3 comments:
E and J, Thanks again for the update. I wish I could be hanging out in the waiting room with you all. I hope you both know how much we love you. I am so glad that you are surrounded by so much family. Hang in there!!!
Dear Jeff & Emily -
With tears in my eyes, I just read all the entries on your blog. I am strengthened by your courage and faith. What a great example you are to the rest of us. My thoughts and prayers are with you and wish that there was something more I could do. I will pray mightily for you, your family and all of the medical staff that attends you. Luann Roberts
Hey you 2. I'm sorry I haven't called yet, but I wanted to let you know that you are in every prayer we say at our home. We explained to our kids and they are praying too. We love you and are so sad you're dealing with this again. If there's anything we can do, please don't hesitate to ask. I'll call you this week, E. Glad C is loving school so far! We love you all!
Post a Comment