Today was a harder day. For me, for the kids... We all felt the missing hole in our family today. K didn't want me to put her to bed and C didn't want me to leave to go visit J. He struggled with that fact and held back his tears which for him to do that you know he is really hurting. He usually is so open with how he feels. As I was driving home from the hospital one night this song Better Days by the Goo Goo Dolls came on (on the top left is where you can hear the song). I was drawn to the lyrics:
(Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days
Cause I don't need boxes wrapped in strings And designer love and empty things
Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days
So take these words
And sing out loud
Cause everyone is forgiven now
Cause tonight's the night the world begins again
I need someplace simple where we could live
And something only you can give
And thats faith and trust and peace while we're alive
And the one poor child who saved this world And there's 10 million more who probably could If we all just stopped and said a prayer for them)
It made me think about the power of prayer and how much it can change so much, that there will be better days. I think often times we get caught up in life and daily things and forget about the simple things in life. And that a simple prayer can make all the difference in someone's life in our own lives. I'm grateful for all of the prayers said in our behalf and to be able to have that peace of mind that there will better days. We just have to make it past the hard days first.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's learning how to dance in the rain.
Want to Comment but Need Help?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
To continue reading about our journey click the "older posts" button...


4 comments:
There will be better days ahead...you are a great writer Emily and I appreciate your blogs...sounds like you are having some of those tender mercies which help to get us through! We are praying that Jeff can be home soon! Love to you all
Emily, I love that song too. It makes you think about what you really need in life. I hope you always know that all our family loves you guys so much and we always have a prayer in our hearts for you guys. hang in there, I know that Heavenly Father is watching over your family.
E, Amen on your thoughts on prayer. Hang on, you are amazing. I am sure that you are finding more strength than you ever knew you had. I hope you feel the prayers offered for you and J. We will all keep praying!
There will be better days for sure!!! I did your mom's hair yesterday and was able to talk to her. You guys are amazing and PLEASE let me know what I can do for you guys!! Love ya lots!!!!
Post a Comment