Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's learning how to dance in the rain.



Want to Comment but Need Help?

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

J vs. Cancer

Round 1

J: 1
Cancer: 0

He is done! First round is finished; the nurse just unhooked his chemo and is changing his dressing on his PICC line. He will be on fluids the rest of the night to finish flushing his system of the chemo. J will be coming home sometime tomorrow morning and we can't wait. We are so excited to be done with round one.

2 comments:

Jan said...

This came to me from S. Jackson, her husband fought a tough cancer battle, is well and is now a mission President....

Jan,
I am sorry to hear Jeff's cancer is back. I know Eric's positive attitude helped him through some difficult days. One comment he made to me popped into my head when I read your email. After being extremely sick from a chemo treatment. I commented how the chemo seemed to be taking all the good and bad from his body. To me it seemed like he was filling his body with poison. Eric corrected me. He told me that every time he started a new chemo treatment he looked it as life giving, an ally not an adversary. It will be the same for Jeff. He is a fighter and has many reasons to continue holding on. I do believe in miracles Jeff is in our prayers. He will always be one of Eric's priests. I am beginning to understand more the bond that is between a bishop and his young men as I am beginning to build strong relationships with our missionaries. I believe they will always be our missionaries.
I love you and am praying for you and Bruce also.

Saurell

Alli grins said...

LOVE that post! From what I hear about cancer, a fighting attitude helps. Just read through all your recent posts and I'm so glad things are looking up. Please know that we are praying for your family and are here if you need anything. Love you all...

To continue reading about our journey click the "older posts" button...