Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's learning how to dance in the rain.
Want to Comment but Need Help?
Monday, August 18, 2008
He's Ready to Get Out Of There
I got back from seeing J a couple of hours ago. He says he feels so Blah, mainly. He's getting tired from the chemo and now because of the steroids he had to have an insulin shot while I was there due to his blood sugar being high. He is so ready to be done and over this. He's tired of lying in a hospital bed and frankly I don't blame him. I want him to be home too. He should finish up his chemo sometime Wednesday night but they won't release him till Thursday. Only 3 more nights and 2 days. It seems like a lifetime but we will get through it. It'll make the next round seem so short compared to his 8 day and 9 night stint there. His pulmonary (lung) doctor came in and saw him today and said that he wanted to follow up with him in 6 weeks. J is ready to beat this cancer once and for all. Thanks to my sister who brought a fun goody basket and words of encouragement he now sports one of those roadside cones on his IV cart that says "Keep Going". That's what he needs to hear for the next couple of days just to keep going and that the end of this round is in sight. Thanks Amy for the fun stuff you gave him. I read him all the jokes and got a little laugh out of him. Thank you to all of those you fasted for him or just thought of him or said a little prayer for him. Say a little prayer for him that these next few days will fly by.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
To continue reading about our journey click the "older posts" button...


3 comments:
Hi Emily,
Thanks for taking the time to keep us posted about Jeff! You are awesome doing all that you are doing! You're a great Mommy and a wonderful wife and best friend to Jeff! He is very blessed to have you!! Love, Deanna
A quote I found: Margaret Mead said, “We are continually faced with great opportunities which are brilliantly disguised as unsolvable problems.” People with cancer have often turned their cancer into great opportunities. Many people use their cancer to reach out to others in need and still others find a way to finally let others reach out to them. Very often, cancer changes people for the better even when things couldn’t look much worse.
I just tracked the livestrong bands on fedex and they are scheduled to arrive today, so I will have them for anyone who wants one.
Post a Comment