Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's learning how to dance in the rain.



Want to Comment but Need Help?

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Battle's Only Just Begun...


Our battle against all this has only just begun. Even though J has one round under his belt we still have a battle ahead of us. Lots of work ahead. Time to have 2 weeks to recoup and start over again. This 8 day/9 night battle has been hard. But thanks to all those that have helped us out, babysat, brought food and gifts, visited J, said countless prayers in our behalf and left words of encouragement the battle has been a little easier to bear. Thanks to the people in my ward who gave of their time so I could spend one on one time with J. I think one of the hard parts of this battle is admitting and asking for help. I try to do everything myself, I try to be wife, mother and everything else these kids and J need me to be but the truth is... with out outside help, I don't know that we'd have survived this first part of the battle. So to those of you, I'm am forever grateful for. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
Love,
J, E, C & K

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily,

Great picture of Jeff! It will be so wonderful when he can go home and be with you and the kids! Thanks for keeping info posted on the blog! I wish we could be there to help you! Our prayers continue to be with you!

Love,
Deanna

Nellie said...

Congrats on almost having the first round done! Happy birthday to C. I am glad your family can reunite soon. It will be nice for J to be home again. It sounds like you have had some great Tender loving care!

The*Evans*Family said...

I tear up reading the blog! I've been thinking about your family and wish you all the best. I'm amazed by the strength of your family.

Jen said...

Emily,
You guys are troopers! We didn't know that Jeff is sick. I wish we could be there to babysit or something. We might be coming in September and would love to see you guys and help with whatever would be useful at that time. You will be in our prayers.

Jen

Annette said...

Boy Emily that one made me cry. You are both so amazing but it is hard to do it all. I am grateful for all the help you have recieved. We love you all

To continue reading about our journey click the "older posts" button...