Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's learning how to dance in the rain.



Want to Comment but Need Help?

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Please Pray for Peace

Please pray for peace... for J for me, for my kids for everyone who's lives have been touched by J. The dr. came in this morning and said there aren't enough signs that he came back from when he coded on Wed. We will be taking the breathing tube out sometime today. I've talked with C and tried to explain as best I could to a 5 yr old that his daddy was going to Heaven and that he'll always be there for him no matter what. The spirit was so strong when the sweet little voice of this little 5 yr old began to sing I am a Child of God. K came in and gave her dad a kiss and leaned up and waved as if saying good bye to him and blew him a kiss. I am doing the best I can be doing. I have had peace since I went to bed last night and continue to have that. J must have known something... just please pray for peace.

9 comments:

Susan said...

I am so, so sorry for your loss, Emily. We will pray for continued peace for you and your family.

Jenn said...

Em- I am so deeply sorry. You and the kids are in my prayers. If you need anything at all, please let me know. No words can explain how sorry I am.

Anonymous said...

Em, all is well. I love you, your smile, your strength, your compassion, your valiant spirit. J is so proud of you. He loves you deeply and eternally. Listen for his voice, pause to feel his spirit whispering to you, all is well.

shell said...

I know not by what methods rare,
But this I know; God answers prayer.
I know that He has given His word,
Which tells me prayer is always heard,
And will be answered soon or late,
Assured that He will grant my ques,
Or send some answer far more blessed.

We wish we could be there, we pray you will feel the arms of all of us who love you and the prayers that are being offered to carry your grief and give you strength.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us that are far away.
Shelley & Tom Swapp & Family

Hay and J said...

Emily we love you and want you to know that you have all are prayers!! You have been so strong. I will pray for peace

Anonymous said...

We are so sorry Emily. We will be praying for peace and comfort for you and your family.

Love,

Scott and Sara Graff

Brooklyn said...

Emily, my heart goes out to you. I have been praying for peace for you and your family.

I am grateful that you and Jeff got to know each other at such a young age so that you were able to have that much more time with each other on this earth. He will be watching over you and your children always.

I'm also grateful that in a way you were able to say good bye to each other and tell each other that you love each other.

Please let us know if we can do anything for you besides continuing to pray for you.

There are so many times over our lives that you have reminded me of myself. I think that's partly why I feel so drawn to you even though we grew up far away from each other. Must be the genes.

Thank you so much for keeping us updated on Jeff. It has made us feel so much closer to you.

I pray that the peace you feel will never leave you.

All our love,
Brooke, Devin, Megan, and Ashley

Anonymous said...

may you find peace in the memories you hold closest to your heart. I am so sorry for your loss. my thoughts are with you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Oh Gosh, I am so sorry Emily. May God be with all of you! I prayed so hard for him.
In the Catholic Faith I have, we believe God takes us all when he is ready. Him and the Angels with be with you all. I am so grateful I got to know you and I didn't get to meet your husband.

You have two beautiful Children from him and I am so happy you have memories. It is very hard as peace is what we all need!
I know your husband had peace and he was able to be so kind to you, during this trying time.
I am so very sorry again!
Prayers for you will always be!
♥ Michelle

To continue reading about our journey click the "older posts" button...