Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's learning how to dance in the rain.



Want to Comment but Need Help?

Saturday, November 1, 2008

God Be With You Till We Meet Again

Loving husband, father, brother and son passed away peacefully this afternoon around 2pm surrounded by friends and family. I'm filled with peace that he is ok and we are going to be ok. We will forever be a family of four... forever and ever....

I want to collect memories and stories for my kids of J if you have any story leave a comment or email me at iwearyellow (at) gmail (dot) com. I want stories from everyone that has a story or stories of J my kids need to have his memory kept alive. Thank you for the constant love and support and all your prayers. You have lifted us up and made us all feel so loved...thank you.

49 comments:

The Lindsey's said...

We will continue to pray for you all. Continue to be strong... I know you have a strong network of family and friends that are willing to do whatever they can to help you get through this. C and K will help you make it too... Kids have such an eternal perspective on things. I wish we could all be as little children our whole lives. Though it's hard to have faith through difficult situations, the Lord IS there. We love you all.
Rhett and Traci Lindsey

The Wizzle said...

E, my family's most heartfelt prayers are with you and your sweet kids. I'm so sorry for your loss, and I am grateful for the peace you have. May it continue.

T Snapp & Family said...

Good luck to you and your family. We are sadened by your loss. You all have been an inspiration for me and my family. God bless you.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the loss. Thank you for keeping us all informed. You have been a great example!

Love the Snapp family.

granny said...

Emily, I'm not sure you even remember me, but I have been keeping track of you and Jeff through Angie (I'm her mom, btw). I'm so very sorry about the outcome, but am so grateful for the knowledge we have. I pray that the peace will continue.

m = michelle said...

Oh Em, I am so deeply sorry. I'll continue to pray for you and your family.

Shelbi Whittaker said...

I am SO sorry to hear this news! Your kids are so lucky to have a mom that is so strong! I am in awe about how strong you have been. I think that will really help your kids through all of this. What a great example you have been. Even to me. We love you and will continue to pray for you! At times like this, I am so glad to know that families are forever!!

Jamie said...

E -
I just want you to know you and your sweet babies are in my heart, thoughts, and prayers. Thank you for sharring your families journey with us. You are amazing! May God be with you!
Jamie

susan g said...

E, I'm so, so sorry for your loss. Your strength astounds me. I know our Father in Heaven is looking down on you and wrapping you in his arms and giving you that peace. Please know that you and C and K are constantly in my prayers. You have so many people who love and care about you and are ready and willing to help at a moment's notice. May the Lord continue to bless and strengthen you.

Love,
Susan

Deanna said...

Emily, it is you and Jeff that have lifted all of us! Thank you for sharing the tender moments and challenging experiences of the past few months with us through your blog. You have touched many lives with your love and faith. I believe that in the future you will be lifted and strengthened in ways you can't imagine. The veil is very thin at times...our loved ones are near...
You continue to have our prayers, love, and support!
Wayne & Deanna

Mary Davis said...

E, I'm so glad that I know you and your sweet family. I truly know that you are daughter of God because of your sweet spirit and tender heart. I'm so grateful that you have the parents that you have, because I know that they have been there for you and will continue to be there for you. I'm so sorry for your loss. I just want to let you know that I love you and will continue to pray for you! I'm right around the corner if you need anything!--
Tyler and Mary Davis

Maren said...

We didn't know your branch of the family personally, but Kori and Blake spoke very highly of Jeff, and we felt as though we knew you. They always had nothing but praise for Jeff's strength and courage as he faced cancer a first and then second time. We can only guess what you are going through. Blair and I put your names on the temple roll at Mt. Timpanogos. You are in our family's prayers.

Amy said...

Oh E, my heart is so broken for you, your sweet family and all those who J meant so much to right now. I can do nothing but think about you all and am astounded by your strength and faith. I hope you know that, along with so many others who you have touched, you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers and hearts.

I just wanted to share my memories of J, though they are short. I only knew him through our nursery times in church but was always so touched by his love and service to each of the children. I always loved seeing him just play and sincerely care for each child - truly a gift for a man to have! And to see how lovingly he looked at you and K during class was just so sweet - you could just SEE how much he loved his family! And I always heard how much Patrick enjoyed visiting your family everytime he got home from home teaching and all of your fun Disneyland adventures. How blessed you are to have a forever family. With all of our love and prayers and support,
Patrick and Amy Forbis

Unknown said...

I am so sorry Emily. I never knew your husband but I am so sad right now. I hope you know that not only right now, but also in the future so many people including myself will be there for you whenever you need them - for anything. I will continue to pray for you and your family and I hope that you continue to feel peace. Thanks for taking the time to update the blog, I have been thinking about you constantly and wondering throughout the day today how things were going.

Nurse Heidi said...

I'm sorry. I'm a friend of Kori's, and I know how hard it is to lose a loved one. May you have peace and comfort in the coming days, weeks and months. Getting through the first year is the hardest.

Mandi said...

E, we are so saddened by your loss. You truly are in our thoughts and our hearts. We really want you to know that we care so much for you and your children and are ready and willing to do whatever we can to help you. Your attitude blows us away. We pray that the Lord will continue to bless you and C and K with peace and comfort.
The Stephenson's

chris+amber said...

Dear Emily,

I am so sorry to hear about this. We will keep your family in our prayers.

♥, the Hansens

Jim said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you at such a difficult time. Your strength amazes and uplifts me! Thank goodness for the plan of salvation and eternal families.

Love,
Chrissy Hamberlin

Marci McLain said...

Emily, know that we love you and your family and are constantly praying for you and are here for anything you need. We are so sorry to hear about your loss and know that Christ will wrap you in His arms and comfort you.

Alisha and Josh said...

E- Our thoughts and prayers will continue for you and your sweet family. We have been blessed to have had up to date comments by you during this trying time. Your strength and faith has truly been an example to so many and we are all blessed to have known J. We love you! May continued peace be with you- our love, Alisha & Josh

Lara said...

Em,

I know Jeff will be very near you and the kids always, though you can't see him. Your reunion with him will be sweeter than I can imagine.
But for now, I know Heavenly Father will carry you when you're weak or tired. I'm sure He is crying with you, as we all are. But the gospel is amazing- in it we find hope and peace.. and we know that this life is but a moment compared to the ENDLESS life we will lead on the other side. You two will be together always. Such an amazing love story.

{Quellie} said...

Our loved ones are near! That is true. And now J is at peace with no more pain. We have and will continue to pray for you EVERY DAY! We love you, E, and hope that you feel the love of your ward family who I was with upon hearing the news and I assure you that they all care for you deeply. We are saddened for your loss and are here for you whenever needed. Please know that you are in our prayers!! ~The Elzinga's

Anonymous said...

Emily,
I have no thoughts of your husband as I never did meet him. I am sorry I never did as he seems fun and down to earth.
Thanks for always hanging in there and always living out those wedding vows. Your husband is going to a better place.
It is so sad though as he left you and your two children but, he will always be there. I feel that.

He must of known like yours say to make sure you all had peace, like he did.

What a strong person you are!
No more suffering for him, God will take good care of him now and your all also.

Take Emily, I will be thinking and praying for you and those dear children.

God's speed to his parents and family and friends also!

Anonymous said...

Our love and prayers go out to you and your family at this time of loss. Your strength and testimony is such an inspiration to all of us. Thank you for sharing this journey. You will continue to be in our prayers.

Paul said...

Your faith and hope is amazing! We are fasting for your continued peace and happiness. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your kids during this time of mourning. We look forward to the day when you and J will be reuinited! Thank goodness for the blessing of eternal families!

Love,

Paul and Rachel

Jamie said...

E, I'm so amazed at your strength. Know that you are in our prayers. You are such a strength to this family and to your kidddos.

My funnest memory of J is playing nintendo games with him in Rupert ID when we were living there and he was visiting his other cousins. Although all the boys were playing, J let me play him every other time and taught me how to win a key to get to a next level.

I also remember J and Kent jumping around Grandpa's front room blasting the song "We are the Champions". They were making all the littler kids jump and dance with them. It was so fun.

Tiffanyann said...

We are praying for your loss. J was such a fighter and I am glad that you have that peace. The Lord is always here for us!
Love you guys
The Barnard

Elder Eric Hadder said...

Emily - I am so sorry to hear Jeff was called back home to the other side of the veil. I want you to know how much I have learned from your example of faith in the gospel and the plan of happiness. You are an inspiration to me and to all of us who may travel this same path someday. You are in my thoughts and prayers and I will always remember my last Sunday sitting next to you in RS and the things we talked about. If I can ever do anything for you or your family, please contact me. My love and friendship always always always. Michelle Hadder (hadderfamily@gmail.com)

Lorie said...

Your family is in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

We will never forget seeing you at Outback on your last night out together before being hospitalized. We were impressed by the courage you both had as you were facing all the possibilities. We are glad we got to see Jeff that last time, and pray for you and the children. We've known Jeff since he was just a little boy, and are grateful for our knowlege of eternal families. Emily, thank you for your great example of faith. I know your strength will bless your children's lives as well.
Love,
Rich and Teresa Yetter

The John Family said...

I am so sorry Emily. It is great to have the knowledge of this gospel. God will be with you and your family. We love you and pray for you alL!

Alli grins said...

You are such a strong, amazing woman and you have deeply touched my life this week. I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet husband. I feel blessed to have known him and am so glad you know how much he absolutley adored you. Thank you for allowing me to talk with you and listen to you on Thursday night. So many things you said that night were so powerful. Here's the scripture we talked about that I wanted to remind you of:

John 14:27: "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

I hope you'll feel peace and comfort from Heavenly Father and from those that love you here. Thanks for your friendship and example. Big hugs...

Anonymous said...

I don't know you, but I am in J's parent's ward, and I have been touched by your faith. I am so sorry for your loss. As we were reading scriptures the other night we read this and I felt impressed to share it with you. 3 Nephi 22:10 "For the mountains shall depart and the hills be removed, but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the Lord that hath mercy on thee." Our prayers are with you and your family.

Jan said...

I can’t even imagine the loss you must feel. Of course we’ll be coming down for the funeral. Please know that Bruce, Jan and Emily are especially in our thoughts and prayers. May the comforter be with you through this dark time is our hope.
With love, Bruce Heywood



Bruce

Jan said...

I have been checking his blog all weekend and haven't stopped praying for him and his family. I am So very sorry that he is gone, I have shed many tears for him this weekend and have been so heartbroken by the outcome. I just feel such a connection to them having gone through such a similar experience and have been so grateful for Kevin's health. I am so sorry- I know you must be devastated, He was an inspiration to all of us as cancer survivor friends and families... please let me know if you need ANYTHING! I will keep praying for all of you guys.

Stephanie (Kori's friend)

Jan said...

Jan - I am so sorry to hear about your son. He and your family are in our prayers. We love you. Please let us know if we can help in any way. love you

TAMI JOHNSTON

Anonymous said...

Em, you had commented on my blog about my friend's baby Bree. When I read that your husband just passed it made me feel amazed that you are so strong to be leaving uplifting comments to others. I am so sorry for your loss. My own mother died unexpectedly 2 years ago this December. I had never felt the spirit of the Holy Ghost so strongly as I had during that time, and family is so important during times like this (which I know you already know). It seems like you are doing such an important thing by having everyone share their memories so that your children have something to hold on to. And what a testimony to know that your daughter (I believe it was) was singing "I am a child of God." I pray that you continue to feel the peace that you already have felt. Families are forever and what a blessing it is to know that. Best of luck to you and your little ones.

Summer Driggs

The Scotts said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I found your blog through a comment you left on my sister Summer's blog. I remember you guys from MVHS. What an inspiration you are to me and your kids. I will pray for you to have peace and comfort. My Mom passed away 2 years ago and I know that Jesus knows you and will comfort you. I am so sorry.

Jennifer Wagner said...

Emily, I am so deeply sorry. I wish I could take the hurt away. I pray your peace will continue, and that your beautiful children will also have peace. Heavenly Father has many plans for us and he only gives us what we can handle. You are strong and Heavenly Father will bless you with the strength you need and your children need.
You are in our prayers,
Jennifer Wagner

Lara said...

Listened to this song today... thought of you.

Be still, my soul: the Lord is on your side.
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain;
leave to your God to order and provide;
in every change God faithful will remain.

Be still, my soul: your best, your heavenly friend
through thorny ways leads to a joyful end.

Be still, my soul: your God will undertake
to guide the future, as in ages past.
Your hope, your confidence let nothing shake;
all now mysterious shall be bright at last.

Be still, my soul: the waves and winds still know
the Christ who ruled them while he dwelt below.


Be still, my soul: the hour is hastening on
when we shall be forever with the Lord,
when disappointment, grief, and fear are gone,
Sorrow for forgot, love's purest joys restored.

Be still, my soul: when change and tears are past,
all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.

The*Evans*Family said...

I truly am amazed with your faith and your strength! You and your family have been such an example through this process. I am so sorry for your loss and will continue to pray for your family. I have no idea what it is like to lose a spouse but can identify with your children having lost my mom to cancer when I was C's age. Having stories written down will be priceless for them. They will always know what a wonderful and loving father they have through memories, stories and pictures.

silvia said...

We are so so sorry. I know that Heavenly Father knows and loves you and your family. You are continually in our prayers.

Jan said...

I am so sorry to hear about your son's passing away. I can't even imagine
the grief you and your family feels at this time but it makes my heart ache
for you. I pray the tender loving arms of our Savior are wrapped around
you.

Love, Jeanene

angiedunn said...

e-

still praying for you & your family.

i love you & i also know how much all the other girls down at the store do too. you are in our thoughts 24/7...fer real.

Mike and Christy said...

Our family is soooo very sorry for your loss. We will continue to keep you in our prayers, that your peace may carry you thru this very difficult time. Your family is forever, and that is a powerful sense of peace. There is no more suffering on his part. He is free of pain, and he will be waiting for you and your children with open arms. He will always be with you in spirit, taking care of you, loving you and watching over you. You are so lucky to have such a strong support from family and friends. God bless you family.

RyDeb.White said...

I don't know you personally (I think I found your blog through a friend of a friends). I've been so touched by your story. You're family has been in my prayers and my heart just hurts for you right now. Thank you for your example and for sharing your faith. You are in my prayers!
Deborah
{ryananddeborahwhite.blogspot.com}

Jan said...

Dear Jan, Bruce, Kori, Kristen, Katie and Emily, I am thinking about you and I am praying for all of you and for Jeff s peace. I am very sorry for your loss, I wish I can be there with you to support you even more. You are all so strong and full of love. I am sure Jeff is pround of all of you and will be there watching you ... Read Moreand helping you forever. With all my love, Martina
(Our foreign exchange student from Slovakia)

Kori Ann said...

I am so sorry. I don't even know what to say but just know that I love you and your family and am praying that you may find comfort during this sad time. Please give my condolences to Em and your parents.

(Kori's Friend Tamara)

Brooklyn said...

My memories of Jeff:

I don't have too many memories of Jeff only because we live in Utah so we didn't see him too often. But my first memory of him was at his wedding. I remember how happy Jeff and Emily looked and what a beautiful ceremony it was. I could tell how much they loved each other and how sweet he was to Emily.

Another memory I have of Jeff was the Easter of 2006. My husband and I were temporarily living in Tucson, AZ so we went up to Cheryl's home for Easter. We got to participate in their family's annual raw egg obstacle course. I remember watching Jeff and Emily run through the course with helmets on while we threw raw eggs at them from up on the deck. It was hilarious to watch!

That same Easter that Jeff had grown his hair out a bit. I remember thinking, "wow he has some really good looking thick hair". :)

My most recent memory of Jeff has been from this last year. Emily started her own Forever Strawberries blog and there were a number of times that as I went to the comments section of her blog I would see little comments from Jeff like, "I love you" or "Hi hun". I always thought it was sweet that he would leave little loving comments like that on her blog. There aren't too many guys that do that. He had a sweet way of letting his wife always know he loved her.

I was also amazed at Jeff's postive upbeat attitude as I would read his posts on his Stronger than Cancer blog. That is truely a blessing to be able to have an outlook like that during a trial such as his. I hope that those of us that Jeff left behind will be able to keep his same positive outlook in our lives like he did. He was a good example to us all.

Brooke

To continue reading about our journey click the "older posts" button...