Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's learning how to dance in the rain.
Want to Comment but Need Help?
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Good Days & Bad Days
I know there will always be good days and bad days... Tuesday was well, a bad day. I was feeling the effects of a broken heart and just didn't know what to do. I had taken C & K to a Veteran's Day parade with some people in the ward. My first adventure with the kids knowing I wouldn't have J to talk to if things went completely wrong. The parade went alright despite C sitting there throwing rocks or running off to the point that I'd start to slightly panic. Afterwards a few of us went out to eat with the kids and I thought ok I don't normally do this because you have to tag team C and J was always with me if I took the kids to lunch just for that reason. C was crazy at lunch and K a perfect angel as usual. By 2pm I had enough and was ready to leave I told C it was time to go and the meltdown began. By the time I had both kids in the car I was in tears and just couldn't take anymore. Usually I'd call up J and tell him about my day and what had gone wrong. But, I couldn't, and I felt jipped, that all these other women could call their husbands and talk to them and tell them what their kids had been doing today. I had to sit back and take it. I couldn't even talk to C on the way home, I was so upset. I heard him talking softly to himself in the backseat and after a few min. I heard him say "Mom, I want to apologize, I know you miss dad, I will try and be a better boy. I'm sorry I made you sad." This is so not like C. I believe he was talking to J. That J told him that he needed to say sorry and be better. It was what I needed. Although my day went smoother I still missed J and couldn't get over that feeling. We ended the night with both kids and I snuggled up in J's quilt and K fast asleep. By the time I went to bed that night I finally felt a little bit better. I know J was there trying to comfort C in my time of need. Trying to help me out the only way he knew how or could help out. I know there are going to be many more bad days where I just want to crawl into a hole and never come out. But, I'll get through them and tomorrow is always a new day. Thankfully Wednesday was a good day...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
To continue reading about our journey click the "older posts" button...


12 comments:
Em, remember when you used to call me your 2nd boyfreind before you and J were married? Ha Ha... I know it is not the same at all, but you can give me a call in those hard moments anytime. I can do my best to talk to C also. Susan and I are praying for you.
Tell C Sauce hi for me.
Kent
I am sorry Tuesday was such a bad day for you. I wish I could make it all better.
How lucky your kids are that they feel and hear J talking to them, especailly when you really miss him and you wish you had his help. That is something that you'll always have to remind them as they grow so they don't forget. We're here any time you need us to be.
Wow. What a neat story. I'm so glad that our kids are so in tune with the spirit and speak the words they're feeling. What a blessing and truly a comfort. I'm glad that C is able to see how you're feeling and it prompted to help you and to try to do better. He'll surely be a big strength through all your trials.
That made me cry! Just know that you can always call me and vent if you need to. Next week I want to come over and either just hang out or watch the kids so you can run errands, just let me know what you would like.
it's the smallest things that make or break our days. How true it is that we need the adult conversation in our daily lives. I'm sorry Jeff isn't there for you so you can touch him; but I'm sure he's with you at all times trying to help with the kids. I cry every time I read you blog. I don't know how I would handle things if I lost James. Everyday is so precious. We never know how long we have each other while we are here on earth. I'm always thinking of you!!
Please call anytime, at a seconds notice I can jump in my car and rush to help you during a melt down.
I can so picture J and hear his voice as he calmly tells C he needs to tell Mommy he is sorry. As he did at times whether it was for C to apologize to a cousin over a spat or some other small thing kids do. I hope I never forget J's mannerisms, how his voice sounds and how sweet he could be with the kids.
C is showing great maturity and wisdom for a guy his age, this is a sad thing for a kid his age (or any age) to go through. I guess he is entitled to a melt down now and then, I have them myself. E. you are such a good Mom knowing the right way to handle it, giving C time to work it out.
J was trying so hard to be healed-- to be there for his family. I know he will always be with us....He is missed!!
em you are such a good mom, and so amazing I know j is watching over you guys and Heavenly Father. I love you guys, I will have to come hang out with you guys and babysit when i come for christmas!
Emily,
We want you to know that we're thinking about you and praying for you too! Wish we could do something more...
Tucker and Katie Boyle
Okay I started crying when I read the blog and all the comments made me cry even more! Wow children are so in tune! E, I am just so sorry, I remember when Alex would work 24 hour shifts and I was so ready for him to come home I cant even imagine what you are going through. You just seem to handle it all soooo well, you are so strong!! J is there, I believe that and he will contunue to be there for his family! Remember we all love you and your children. I really would love for C to come and play on my swing set and K, maybe I'll come kidnapp them from you for a day.
E, after reading all the comments I'd say you are very loved. I hope you will take advantage of Kent as the 2nd boyfriend and Joey's swingset. You are such a cute Mom we all adore you!
Hi Emily,
Yes it is hard, so very hard indeed. Nothing I could ever imagine but, I feel for you all.
I know that there is no rythem or reason why we do things, but, it is ok. Never feel like anything you do is wrong. That is apart of your grieving this great loss!
It is still so very sad for me to think you have to go through this and the guilt, frustration, happiness, sadness, anger, peacfulness, is all ok. You will be ok in God's hands.
Your husband's spirit is upon you and he will help you!
God Will always be there for you three!
Take care and thanks for writing down these feelings so we all know how you are doing. That is such good therapy for you Emily.
Hang in there we are all praying for you!
Post a Comment