Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's learning how to dance in the rain.



Want to Comment but Need Help?

Friday, October 31, 2008

We Need A Miracle

We need a miracle. J had his brain scan this morning and things aren't looking good. His brain is continuing to swell and they've have given him meds to relieve the swelling. We are doing a fast for him for the next 24 hrs. They will do another brain scan in the morning. They say things don't look good and he may not make the night. We need a miracle. I know that we will be together again someday and no matter how tough things get I will always have that peace. Before J went into the hospital just 2 weeks ago he blessed me with peace and comfort and that's all I've felt. I feel at peace despite my world crashing down around me. I know that no matter what happens my kids and I will be at peace and be ok. J will always take of us even if it isn't beside us. Please keep him in your prayers. Thank you to everyone who has touch our lives even in a small way. We love you all.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love you guys and you are all in our prayers! We wish we could be closer to do more but we love you and are thinking of you always! Stay strong!
Love Leslee & Brian

Ashley said...

We LOVE you and J and your beautiful children. We are with you and praying and fasting for you all now more than ever. Miracles do happen.

Annie said...

This is your cousin Jordan's wife, Annie. I just wanted to let you know we've been thinking A LOT about you guys and are praying for you. We love you!

Mary Davis said...

I love you!!!! I'm also keeping you in the prayers!

Nellie said...

E, I just read the comments that so many wrote yesterday. They are so faith promoting and comforting. I truly am in awe of you. That is just like J to bless you with peace and comfort. I can feel your peace through your words. Amy T. and I are here today warming up by the fire, crying, hugging, praying and staying close to the phone. I think it is the close relationship with family and friends that helps us. We know you have great strength. J knows this too. We love you!

Robbie, Kelly, Jared and Payton Merrill said...

My name is Kelly Merrill and I am in your ward and also one of Kristens close friends. I to have been touched by cancer in my family. 5 years ago my mother died of breast cancer. It was the hardest thing I have ever had to endure. I wish there was some magic words that I could say to help it hurt a little less, but all I know is that God lives and that he loves us. And that he doesn't give us more then we can handle. Your Heavenly Father loves you Emily and he is so aware of you and your needs. Please know that I am praying for you and sweet little children. May God bless you and your family in this time of need. We love you.

silvia said...

We are praying for all of you and thinking of you often. I'm so glad that you are finding some peace through this. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Tiffany Walker said...

We are here for you. We love you and will continue to pray for you.

Tiffany and Jake Walker

Anonymous said...

Jeff and Emily,
You have an incredibly strong family--inside the walls of your home, and outside, and don't forget your ward family. This is an incredibly difficult time but please feel the strength that is aimed directly at you through many, many prayers. We love you, your children, and want you to feel that as well. You are certainly being watched over by some of Heavenly Father's finest angels--Don't forget that!

Anonymous said...

Our family is united with you in fasting and prayer. You have a tremendous network of loved ones who deeply care and pray for your family. We all admire your strength in the midst of this pain and know that the Lord is mindful and loves you also.

Rachel said...

Thanks for sharing all that's going on! We love you and you are in our prayers! Thank you for your strength and testimony!
Love Paul & Rachel

Stephanie said...

It's Stephanie, Kori Ann's friend. I'm praying for you and your family. You are living my nightmare- that my husband will have cancer come back, and I know how this must feel. You are incredible to have such a great spirit about this- It will help everyone around you to see you so strong! Good Luck! I'll keep praying.

Anonymous said...

em, i love ya!!! i am thinking about you & your fam & keeping you in my prayers!!!

The Lindsey's said...

Our hearts are aching for you guys. I'm glad that you're able to remain somewhat at peace with what's going on. You're so strong. We'll keep fasting and praying for you all. Thank you for the updates.

Anonymous said...

You have friends around the world fasting and praying for you. I wish I could be there to be more support, but know that I am thinking of your family, fasting, and praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Still praying, pleading. The Lord Is in Control - He is the Master Physician. I know it is him that brings peace to us in hard times, thank you for your faith, your reminders and your example. Don't feel like you have to be "strong" for everyone though, we are here to support you. Loves

Maggie

angiedunn said...

em:

i'm so sorry you have to go through this...i am so inspired by your strength & courage!

i am praying for you like CRAZY!!

love!

Ape said...

Em,
We are praying so hard for all of you! We love you so much! May our Heavenly Father continue to bless you with peace.
Love,
April and Russ

The Wizzle said...

Oh, I am praying so hard for your sweet family. I have been, and you are so very often in my thoughts. I am holding you up today and praying that that gift of peace is with you through this ordeal.

To continue reading about our journey click the "older posts" button...