J was able to collect 6.1 million stem cells yesterday which was more than enough. He was to collect 6 million but since the Dr. thought he was collecting so good they had him come in to collect more again today.

So he's hooked up to the machine again which is used for
apheresis (similar to dialysis). They want to collect as many as possible just for good measure. This is so great that he was able to produce more than enough for what he needs and means that his body is working hard to get those cells produced. J came home yesterday extremely tired and just worn out. The process makes you really tired and he'll probably be tired for the next couple of days since they are taking blood out of him and extracting the cells and putting it back at a high rate of speed. He also came home with a new bandage that now has to be changed daily. The other bandage gave him a terrible rash.

Seems he has sensitive skin and the adhesive on these bandages doesn't mesh well with him. He just has to be more careful around the kids since it is more open. J is such a fighter and even though he's had numerous problems with bandages and having to be hooked up to machine after machine he still has that fighting spirit. The next week or so will bring tests to test his heart, lungs, kidneys and other vital organs to see if they are up to what they are going to be throwing at him during the next chemo. Thanks for the prayers that have shown us so much that they are being heard. We just need to pray that all his vital organs will be in working order to move on to the next step.... Getting him CURED!
5 comments:
Way to go!!! You are a rich man Jeff! I think we should be calling your sweet wife Dr. Emily from now on! You two have my greatest admiration and respect! We continue to remember both of you....and Carter & Kennedy in our prayers! Love you so much!
Jeff, it is amazing all that you are going through. As we go about our normal days you are fighting to win this battle and win you will. You and Emily are both so strong and have a great positive attitude. We send our love to you and keep you always in our prayers. From the Thompson family.
Good luck with everything - you are in our prayers every day!
Thats great news, happy to hear it. I dont know if this is possible or not because his situation is different than mine but when I had Julie I had the same problem with the bandages for the epidural. When I went into the hospital for the miscarriage they asked me about it and I told them I reacted to the bandages last time and then brought in special bandages that are made for sensitive skin and skin that reacts to the adhesive from the standard bandages. The nurses told me I had to say something everytime I would be in the hospital because they dont automatically tell you you can use something different. Like I said, I dont know if Jeffs is different but I just thought I let you know my experience. Good Luck Jeff and Emily!!!!
Great job. That is quite a number of stem cells! We hope to see you when we are in AZ from Oct. 5-12 and tell you in person how we admire your courage and ability to do anything required.
Post a Comment