Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's learning how to dance in the rain.



Want to Comment but Need Help?

Monday, October 27, 2008

Day 0: Happy Birthday!

Well, J got the rest of his 37.5% of stem cells today... 3 bags vs. the 1 bag on Sat. He was drowsy from the pre-meds and wasn't feeling so great this morning. He has some really bad mouth sores and now is finding it hard to talk and swallow which means he'll be on IV nutrition soon. This happens to everyone. Its to be expected. He has requested a white board so he can comunicate with people and has now had to just text instead of talking on the phone. The Drs. have said this will be the worst week. But the good news is that he did well with his stem cell injections and that as fast as he has felt bad he will feel good just as fast. Thank you for all the prayers. Please bless J that his stem cells will continue to rapidly reproduce and that the mouth sores will subside. Its hard to believe that we are down to day 0 from now on they keep track of his days by adding a + to each day so tomorrow is day +1 and they go from there. Getting to the plus state means things will only get better. Also please say a special prayer for K and especially C who is having a hard time dealing with his dad being in the hospital. Needless to say he got in trouble at school for the first time today... Thank you for all the love, support and prayers! Keep them coming.

4 comments:

Nellie said...

Congratulations JandE it's nice to be in the positive now. I was wondering how he was doing. I look so forward to these updates. Thanks for giving us specific things to pray for. We love you both!!

Jan said...

Katie and I did take J a white board this evening, the first thing he wrote on it was "Shake it up". Things are pretty tough right now! I am glad to know that tomorrow we start counting forward. Each day brings J closer to being cured. I look at the chain E brought him and it is getting smaller!! E. put encouraging messages on each link.
Even though J feels really awful he is still so sweet to the nurses. I am sad that I can't hug J as I don't want to give him any kind of foreign germ. Even though I always wash my hands for 3 minutes and tonight Katie and I even washed our purses with the hospitals strong alcohol wipes-- you just never know- so why risk it. We blow him a kisses instead

J & E Hang in there!! We love you!

Shelbi Whittaker said...

E, I just read all about what you are going through! Im sorry! I knew something was going on but I guess I didnt know all of the details about it. Our family will FOR SURE keep you and your family in our prayers. I just got called to be your visiting teacher so let me know what I can do. I really cant do much...I am 23weeks preg. and around this time my pregnancies start to go down hill and I will most likely be on bedrest soon. But Id be glad to help anyway I can. Hang in there!! On a side note...Im excited to be your visiting teacher and get to know you a little better. You seem like such a nice family!
Shelbi Whittaker

Jan said...

Happy Birthday E.!!!

To continue reading about our journey click the "older posts" button...