Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's learning how to dance in the rain.



Want to Comment but Need Help?

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Please Pray Hard

J is currently on a breathing machine... earlier this morning he was joking with the nurse and when she came back 20-25 min later to take his blood sugar they found him non responsive with no heart beat and not breathing. The Dr. started compressions on him and started his heart back up. They have moved him to the ICU unit on the oncology ward floor. They say he won't wake up from 24 hrs to a week. It is a wait and pray game right now. We won't know what kind of long lasting effects he will have for a while. They are doing a test to check his brain waves and see what the small seizures he is having are doing. They are also cooling his body down to 95° for 18 hrs. to prevent brain swelling and preserve his other organs. Then they will let his body temp go back up on its own. This will happen about 1pm tomorrow. We just have to wait and see how his other organs come out of this as well. We won't too much more till they do another brain scan Friday morning. The first one showed signs of activity but was diminished and could have been from the trauma. They did an ultrasound of his heart and it is strong. Please keep J in your prayers...pray hard that he will recover with no problems, no lasting side effects. We need him...

20 comments:

Shelbi Whittaker said...

I am so sorry!!! We will FOR SURE pray HARD!!!! hang in there!!!!

Anonymous said...

We have been prayin for you guys and we will double time it now.

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness...praying SO hard.

all my love!

Tiffany Walker said...

Thinking of you ALWAYS and ALWAYS in our prayers. Please let me know when I can help you with the kids.

susan g said...

I'm so sorry this is all happening! I'm keeping him at the top of my prayer list, we know how much you need him and how much your kids need their daddy! We love you. Please let me know what else we can do to help.

Mike and Christy said...

Em, you are in our prayers tonight and always, but especially tonight. We love you!!

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

Oh my gosh!! We are totally praying for you!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting me know, E. You, J. and your family are in my prayers.

Love you.

Susan said...

Emily - We are praying for all of you. Stay strong. You have my email (if not, it's on my profile), and my phone number is the same - PLEASE call me if there's anything we can do.

Brooklyn said...

Our hearts and prayers are with you. Just remember that priesthood blessing J rec'd before he started all this. He will get through it and so will you. We love you.

Nellie said...

E, we love you.....we are glad you were not hurt in the accident. We will be praying and calling throughout the day!!!

Chad & Dawn Howey said...

You guys are in our prayers...

Natalie Hall said...

Of course you are in my prayers. You are amazing, I have no words for the trial you are going throught, but the lord knows you are a fighter....

Kari Campbell said...

You are all in our thoughts and prayers every day. Please let me know if there is anything we can do for you. Please!!!

Lori said...

I came across your blog my a sheer miracle and since that time have been reading it daily. I am sorry to hear of this change . . . I am praying, praying hard. I believe in miracles.

The Lindsey's said...

E and J,
We're praying for you guys. Hang in there. I know you have a lot of family and friend support but also lean on the Lord. He'll be with you and I know He'll guide you through this. Ask for His comfort and it will come. We wish you the best.
Rhett and Traci Lindsey

Deanna said...

We are praying hard! We love you!

Brooklyn said...

I've thought about you so much today Emily. We talk to Devin on a webcam each day too. I hope your kids get to see their Daddy again really soon even if it's just on a webcam.

I hope you can have some peace and comfort in your heart. I'm sure you are on a horrible rollercoaster ride right now. Thank goodness for prayer. I can't imagine living a life without our knowledge of prayer. You and your family our in our prayers.

Deanna said...

Just wanted to write to you one more time before I go to bed! We are all praying for you up here in Utah! Tomorrow (Friday) is going to be an important day! We will be thinking about you every minute! Love you!

Anonymous said...

oh my Emily, this breaks my heart. I am so so sorry. I am so grateful for your strength. I prayed so much today and I will continue. Angie is keep us posted.
God's speed to you and your whole family.
If there is anything else I can do please ask.
♥ to you and your family!

To continue reading about our journey click the "older posts" button...