Well, I’m all settled in and getting my pre-meds, chemo starts later today. They have a high end air filter system so I can have visitors and no one has to wear a mask. Just make sure your feeling well. Here are a few things to be aware of if you come, don’t let them scare you off. (E has my room number and directions if you need them)
1. Please call before you come so you don’t waste a trip out if I’m not up to or able to have visitors.
2. They have free Valet parking or a garage and the first 2 hours are free in the garage.
3. When you get here they will ask that you scrub your hands for 3 minuets.
4. If you bring me any food, it has to be pre-packaged and no fast food.
So far things are good, the staff is VERY nice and they offer a lot of things to keep me in good sprits and shape. They have music therapy and a specially trained Oncology massage therapist that will come see me. They have a DVD and video player in the room and a video library. So they work to keep me doing well during my stay.
On another note I had an interesting experience this morning, one my parents will appreciate (I’ll explain why after.) When I got up this morning for some reason the theme song to the movie Rocky start playing in my head! The reason why my parents will appreciate this is that while my mom was pregnant with me the first time she felt me kick was while watching Rocky!
I appreciate all the support and prayers and ask that you keep me as well as my family in your prayers!
J
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's learning how to dance in the rain.
Want to Comment but Need Help?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
To continue reading about our journey click the "older posts" button...


3 comments:
Good luck! We are rooting for you and praying for you and you are in our thoughts, Landon has been fasting and praying for you as well! Your good attitude is going to get you through this with much success! Hang in there, we love you!
J, what an amazing place. It sounds like you are going to get caught up on your movies. It sounds like you need to watch the Rocky movies again. You are a fighter! Thanks for the update!
Thanks Jeff and Emily for your updates! Good luck, God bless you, and "kick it hard"! Love you both!
Post a Comment