Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's learning how to dance in the rain.



Want to Comment but Need Help?

Monday, March 2, 2009

Learning to Dance in the Rain

Yesterday marked 4 months since J passed away. Its strange how I can forget about time... forget what day it is. Not remember the date all month along but the 1st comes and it hits me. I remember. I'm taken back to that day. I miss him. I feel like it was yesterday. But, the heartache isn't the same. I will always love him but this heart of mine is healing. I was in C's room putting stuff away and looked up at the pictures of J that I have hanging in his wall and I just started to cry. I miss J. I was crying because of the memories we had made together. I started to pray that J would be able to visit me tonight. That he'd come and let me know its ok to move on. That everything is ok. I know he would want me to move forward and fall in love again. I just want that reassurance. That peace that I already feel to some degree but need to feel it from him as well. So when you pray tonight pray that I will have that peace in my heart, in my home, for me and for my kids. Pray that J will visit me and let me know. I can look back and see over these past 4 months how far I've come. That I've learned to dance in the rain and not just weather the storm. I know time will continue to go by and I will continue to heal and start to find that love again in my life. And yet at times I can see how far I've come yet the wound still feels fresh as if yesterday. I know time will take that away but till then how do you take that sadness away? All I know to do is cry... let myself feel this way...let it all out. Let those bottled up emotions go. I feel like two different people at the same time. The first girl is crying because of what she's lost and the second girl is feeling so happy and alive because of where her life is going. How its changed. Both feeling opposite feelings. Feeling the happiness and the sadness at the same time. Its overwhelming... a struggle at times. But, all this is making me stronger, helping me heal & its ok. I will be ok. I'm happy...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Em, thanks so much for sharing all of your amazing, tender, and personal thoughts. I cry every time I read your blog. And I was definitely thinking of you on March 1st. J died on the day of my dad's funeral, so I will never forget that date and how I felt when I learned of J's passing. I can't begin to imagine the pain of losing my husband and the father of my children. Your experience of looking at your story as an outsider may help you to know how so many people feel about this. Our hearts ache and we cry, just knowing what you have gone through and thinking about your precious children. We are humbled and inspired by the strong person that you are and the faith that you have shared in the most difficult of times. There are so many people who love you and want to help however they can. I hope that you will call on people to help when you need it. I seriously will make time for you whenever I can. Please let me know. Of course it's different, but I know this healing and hurting process all too well. One day I am completely fine and the next day I have all of these haunting images of the day my dad died...and the next day I have all of these amazing memories of things we got to do together...and then the next day I am focusing on my life and all the things that are happening and going right. It can be exhausting at times. But I believe it is a process that allows us to move forward and still have the comfort of remembering and treasuring those we love. As Elder Russel M. Nelson stated, "The only way to take the sorrow out of death is to take love out of life." I am really grateful to hear that you are finding healing, peace, and reassurance from J and from Heavenly Father. I know more than ever before that Heavenly Father loves us and that he allows our loved ones to be near us when we need them. I hope you continue to feel J in your life. I know he is there. Please let me know what I can do for you. Babysitting, running errands, talking, bringing food, picking up kids...until I find a job, I am free anytime of the day. Just let me know. Stay strong. Thanks for being such a great example!

Love,

Mandy Clive

To continue reading about our journey click the "older posts" button...