Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's learning how to dance in the rain.



Want to Comment but Need Help?

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Day 5 of Chemo

I thought I'd update you all on J. He is finishing up day 5 of chemo tonight probably around 11pm. We all wish he could pack up and come home at that time but he has chosen to stay and have them continue an IV to keep him hydrated through the night and through Monday morning. He hasn't been able to keep much down and as much as we'd really like to have him home we'd rather him feel better and be hydrated so we don't have to go back a couple of days later. He's been really tired this round and with all the nausea meds they've given him to try and keep him from throwing up he says he always seems dazed. Although when I've taken the kids to visit him he is pretty with it which is good because the kids love going to see him and C especially loves playing on the computer in the lobby where we meet J. Yesterday he was playing on it looking at Google Earth like he always does and asking J what certain places were that popped up on the screen. I walked over to look at the screen after C had closed out the program to see that C had changed Google Earth to his name. That kid defiantly takes after his dad. I told C who has been telling everyone who would listen that his dad would be home on Sunday, that J wouldn't be home till Monday and thinking he'd throw a fit he was more than understanding and was ok that J would still be in the hospital one more day. Before J went into the hospital this time he sat C down and explained to him that he had to go back. C said yeah, because your back hurts really really bad. (this is why he thought J was in the hospital the first time. We didn't know how to explain what cancer was to a 5 yr. old) This time J told C that his back was better but that he had to get special medicine for the cancer that was in his body. Without hesitation C piped up and the special medicine kills the cancer. That kid amazes me... we have never talked to him about cancer and how the medicine kills cancer. I believe he is so in tune with the spirit that it helps him to understand things that even some of us adults do not. Please keep J in your prayers that he will be able to get hydrated and keep food down so that he can come home and stay home until his next round. Thank you for all your love and support.

4 comments:

Lorie said...

I hope he is feeling better on Monday so that he can come home and stay home until the next round.

Jan said...

Yes!! Two treatments down, I hope all goes well and you get to go home tomorrow. I love you!!

Susan said...

Your little family amazes me every time I read your blog. The strength and character you all have is truly and inspiration to us all. I love the picture of K and her daddy!!! Sorry we couldnt be there for you guys this time around but we pray for you morning and night. We will continue to pray and hope that he can get out today, I know how hard it is on everyone when he's there.

Kelsey said...

Em I love you and your family and will keep you in my prayers. You and your family are an inspiration! love you!

To continue reading about our journey click the "older posts" button...