Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's learning how to dance in the rain.



Want to Comment but Need Help?

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

An Attitude with a Heart of Gratitude

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. It's all about attitude... it can make or break you. J is such a great example of a strong and upbeat attitude. He tries to keep his spirits up and have a good attitude with all of this even when he is feeling sick and just wants to feel somewhat normal again. I try to have a good attitude about all this and often think that no matter what we may be facing there is always somewhere out there that has life worse; that is struggling with their own personal things and it makes us feel like if people can make it through their rough spots we can too. We are also so grateful for so many things... We are so grateful that we have such awesome insurance that is willing to cover everything from here on out because we've met our deductible, J has a great employer and boss that are willing to work with him on his time away and are so understanding of his situation. We are grateful for people who go out of there way to leave a kind word, a note of encouragement. We are grateful for people who think only good thoughts for us, say a prayer for us even if they've never met us before and all because of a story that I wanted to share with K someday about her dad...Grateful for people who take time out of their daily lives to sit and read about us. To keep up on us to see how we are doing. People who are willing to sit with my kids while I go and visit J for time alone together. We are grateful for those who show their support by sporting their yellow wristbands. (you can still get one if you'd like... they are free to whoever would like one just leave a comment and we will get you one.)
We are grateful to those who have brought us meals, babysat, family that has time and time again supported us. Friends who have come to visit called or sent a little note.(thank you to my Utah family for putting this together it meant so much to J.) It's little things like this that really touch us and make us feel loved and like we can make it through. And especially grateful for the nurses and doctors who do their best to take care of J. (he started chemo again yesterday at 6pm, I'll try and get him to update.) Things that make us want to have an attitude that we came make it through all this and a heart full of gratitude. But, most of all I'm grateful that we have each other.... No Matter What! Thank you to everyone. We love you and are so appreciative of your love, prayers, and constant support.

8 comments:

Jan said...

...I was doing so good, I hadn't cried once today, until I read your post and all the sweet messages.... yep, you got to me again.... although they are the tender tears of a Mom who loves her son, his wonderful wife and beautiful children-- how sweet to read all the comments people left, people who don't even know you. Your lemonade layout is so precious. There are so many good and caring people in this world. Thanks You, Thank You, Thank You to all of you!. I feel so strongly that everything is going to turn out fine!!

Nellie said...

Em, You have such a great way with words. That was very heartfelt and touching. You both have amazing attitudes that are examples to all of us. Carry On!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your family is amazing! What a great attitude, its hard sometimes but there are always blessings if you look for them! Your family truly is loved and I am so impressed at how wonderfully you are going through this...what a greast example to all of us! Thank you

Annette said...

Thankyou for that wonderful message. To be so grateful when life gets so hard is a wonderful example and blessing. Thanks for the great remimder. We all need that in ou lives. We love you all and continue to send our prayers.

Anonymous said...

You guys are great! You continue to inspire and bless all around you. Thank you for sharing your experiences. I continue to pray for you and your family.

Ana @ Mariah Prop. said...

Just wanted to let you know we are thinking about you all (J, Em & family) and are hoping J will be home soon! Hang in there! Our prayers include you each day! It's so refreshing to see such a wonderful and optomistic attitude from all of you. Take Care!!

Stephanie said...

hey I'm a friend of Kori's. My husband was diagnosed with testicular cancer the end of Feb 07. He is doing pretty good, but I'm sorry you had to go through this all over again... I saw you said you can get the livestrong bracelets- can I get two? I'm happy to pay. Lance is my husbands personal hero and kept him motivated through this last year. beautiful scrapbook layout too.

Brooklyn said...

Hi Em and J!

Your lemonade layout is sweet Emily!

All the artwork on the right side of your yellow poster was drawn by Megan and Ashley... I wasn't paying attention but Eric's Ashley said J would like it.

Could you tell me how we can get some of the yellow braclets? I can pay for shipping. Thanks!

Thinking about you guys.

Love,
Brooke, Devin, Megan, and Ashleu

To continue reading about our journey click the "older posts" button...