Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's learning how to dance in the rain.



Want to Comment but Need Help?

Thursday, April 30, 2009

I'm the Lucky One

Tomorrow marks 6 months that have passed. Seems like a strange dream. An altered reality. I think back to 6 months ago when there were days I thought I'd never be happy again. Find happiness again. Be doomed to live life as a single mom & I didn't want that. There were nights that I'd cry and pray that J would just come and take care of the kids, lull them to sleep because I just couldn't do it anymore. Night time was the hardest part of the day. I'd watch the clock & the days seemed so long. Now I find my self glimpsing at the calendar to see what day it is and wonder where the time has gone. Those first 3 months seemed to go by so slow. The agonizing days. Time seeming to stand still. Grief & sadness holding me back. Me trying to fight my reality... Accept my reality. Finally I broke free from the binds of time that were holding me back. I allowed myself to be happy again. Allowed that girl that was buried beneath everything every pain, every hurt, every denial to break back out slowly but surely. I still cry from time to time. Especially when I look at pictures of J & the kids that are hanging in their rooms. That may always be hard for me. I don't know. Its a strange feeling looking at those pictures. I can almost feel him there next to me smiling and putting his arm around me. Whispering in my ear and telling me he's proud of me. That he's happy to see me happy & that I'm finding the girl inside of me that he had fallen in love with all those years ago...and to me I feel lucky... lucky to have someone like that up there in heaven watching over me and my kids... and lucky to have found true happiness again, someone to make me smile and always be by my side and someone watching over me always up there in heaven. Yes I'm the lucky one.

5 comments:

Jan said...

Thanks to all of you for your support in the Relay for Life. We appreciate the donations, thank you to those who came, who walked and especially for your love. The luminaria event where everyone walked in silence holding candles was so touching. E. made such a nice luminaria for J. She put stars along the top of the bag,
they were so appropriate because he is our shining star, J we love you.

At C's. play the other night I could picture J. being there, video camera in hand, watching the play, smiling and laughing, so proud of C. loving every minute. It breaks my heart not to have him physically with us, I miss him so much... Yet I know he was there and will always be there for each major event in K & C's lives. J fought so hard to stay with all of us. He is dearly missed.

ruth said...

May 5th marks two years for me since my husband passed away and I have the same feelings you have...I'm grateful, grateful to be two years closer to a reunion, grateful to know that he would be proud of me and that me and my kids are doing fine. I'm glad you're finding happiness...joy.
Ruth

Dallin and Ashley said...

I'm so glad you are happy!

cheryl said...

I agree with you...You ARE the lucky one. You have been so blessed to have two great guys watching over you and your family and you know what? that has made us "Lucky" too :o) Lucky to have both of them in our lives. Our Heavenly Father wants us to be happy--we cannot progress when we are unhappy. He wants us to be happy just as much(if not more) as your earthly parents want you to be & J is there with Him, so how could he not want that for you also? J has such a deep love for you--he wants the best for you & the kids...I know he is up there smiling right now being happy for you too.

Anonymous said...

That's so awesome. I'm so happy for you!

To continue reading about our journey click the "older posts" button...