Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's learning how to dance in the rain.



Want to Comment but Need Help?

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Amazing Generosity

I'm overwhelmed at the generosity of people. The goodness of people. I have been blessed by so many people who have sent us money. Some even anonymously. I received such a letter as I was rushing out the door yesterday afternoon. I swung by the mailbox to find a letter addresses to me with no return address. No name, nothing. I sat in the car and opened the envelope. As I saw this picture of K and J I started to get the chills... they continued as I read the note that was attached. As I opened the letter more I saw that this guy had sent me and my kids money. Although he feels it wasn't much I was overwhelmed. He too had testicular cancer and has a sweet family. I don't know who he is and he says he doesn't know who I am but he was told of my story by a friend and was touched. I am very grateful for what he did. He didn't have to, I know money is tight for everyone these days and I am just overwhelmed by that sweet gesture. (I'm still overwhelmed) I'm am so grateful to those who have sent money for the kids and I. There is nothing I can do or say but be thankful beyond belief. There are really good people in this world. I am and will be forever grateful to those who have sent money, said prayers, watched my kids, called me just to talk, and think about us on a daily basis. You have forever touched our lives. So Thank You from the bottom of my heart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so neat to hear that people these days still have a heart for others, even though money is tight for everyoneright now. You and the kids are blessed in so many ways. It's great to hear that even strangers are moved by you and your story of love for your kids and your loving J.

ruth said...

The awesome thing is when you're able to turn around and bless others the way you've been blessed. Giving and receiving are both a blessing and something God wants us to do regularly.
Glad to hear you're experiencing the goodness of God in your life. He is good...everyday!
Ruth

To continue reading about our journey click the "older posts" button...