Makin' my way downtown,
Walkin' fast,
Faces pass and I'm homebound.
Starin' blankly ahead,
Just makin' my way,
Makin' a way through the crowd.
And I need you,
And I miss you,
And now I wonder...
If I could fall into the sky,
Do you think time
would pass me by?
'Cause you know I'd walk a thousand miles
If I could just see you...
Tonight.
It's always times like these
When I think of you,
And wonder if you ever think of me.
'Cause everything's so wrong
And I don't belong.
Livin' in your precious memory.
'Cause I need you,
And I miss you,
And now I wonder...
If I could fall into the sky,
Do you think time
would pass me by?
'Cause you know I'd walk a thousand miles
If I could just see you...
Tonight.
I, don't wanna let you know
I, drown in your memory.
I, don't wanna let this go.
I, don't.
...........
If I could just hold you....
Walkin' fast,
Faces pass and I'm homebound.
Starin' blankly ahead,
Just makin' my way,
Makin' a way through the crowd.
And I need you,
And I miss you,
And now I wonder...
If I could fall into the sky,
Do you think time
would pass me by?
'Cause you know I'd walk a thousand miles
If I could just see you...
Tonight.
It's always times like these
When I think of you,
And wonder if you ever think of me.
'Cause everything's so wrong
And I don't belong.
Livin' in your precious memory.
'Cause I need you,
And I miss you,
And now I wonder...
If I could fall into the sky,
Do you think time
would pass me by?
'Cause you know I'd walk a thousand miles
If I could just see you...
Tonight.
I, don't wanna let you know
I, drown in your memory.
I, don't wanna let this go.
I, don't.
...........
If I could just hold you....
Tonight.


5 comments:
Emily what sweet thoughts. I am so glad to know you felt J close by.I know he is watching over you,C and K. I too would walk a thousand miles to see him, if only that were possible. Bruce wouldn't walk though he would run.....
I ache for you. I love reading your thoughts here. I appreciate your words so much Emily. I value them. I truly don't know how I would endure your trial. What a comfort that Heavenly Father allows him to peak in on you time to time. I imagine that is what keeps you going. Sweet...so sweet. Thanks again for your lovely thoughts and encouragement. I wish I could be more to you. You are amazing.
That song will have new meaning to me. I'm sure that music helps to express the grief. I can't wait to see you soon!
Hi Emily...just wanted you to know that I was thinking of you...wondering how you're doing...hoping today is a good day for you.
Ruth
wow, that song really is amazing i've never really thought about the lyrics. music is so amazing and powerful, sometimes that's the only thing that makes me feel better and help me see my way through things
Post a Comment