Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's learning how to dance in the rain.
Want to Comment but Need Help?
Saturday, January 3, 2009
Healing a Broken Heart in 2009
January 1st marks the start of a new year. Most people sit and make out new years resolutions, what they want to accomplish this year. Usually I'd be all about resolutions and setting goals. This year was different. I woke up knowing what day it was. Knowing that it had been 2 months since J passed. Its hard to know how I'm gonna feel on any given day. Your heart can feel happy and sad at the same time. Feel broken and healing at the same time. Feel longing and love. I feel like I'm healing and slowly moving on. That life is gonna be good. That 2009 is going to bring nothing but happiness for me, for my kids for everyone. That J is up there looking out for me. Knowing what I need and making sure I'm being taken care of. Whether its sending someone my way to help me out with the kids or someone to talk to. I know J has a hand in it. He's guiding those who serve us, those who love us, those who just think about us and pray for us on a daily basis. I know he's up there watching over us, loving us just as much as the day he was here on this earth. Time doesn't exist up in heaven. Its a blink of an eye. Some days I wish I could blink my eyes and time wouldn't matter. That I wouldn't have to hear... it just takes time, because sometime you just feel that you don't want to wait for time. That you wish time would speed up and everything would be "perfect" again. But, I know that's not how things work. Things take time to heal, to grow, to become and I'm starting to be ok with that. And for me that's a huge thing. Starting to feel normal again. Not really sure what normal is, but I'm starting to feel happy again. That I can do this no matter how hard somedays are. I'm doing it and "growing up". Strange to be 29 and just now feeling like I'm growing up. I've had J by my side for almost 10 years to help me with so much stuff that I'm now learning how to take care of things on my own and it feels good. I don't see it as a burden because I can't look at it as that. I have to look at it as something I'd have to do if he was sick or out of town or in the hospital. And as long as I keep optimistic I can handle most things. I have my days and they are becoming further apart. I don't know if it is because I'm healing my broken heart and J's helping me a long with that or what. But I know that he's always looking out for us and that is something I will never ever forget and will be forever grateful for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
To continue reading about our journey click the "older posts" button...


7 comments:
You post your feelings so well. That is hard to do but then we have all seen you do amazing things......I have no doubt that J is doing everything possible for his family...... You are incredible E!!!!
E-
Your amazing! I have no doubt that your healing, but your love for J will always be there! Thank you for sharing your feelings.
I hope you have a good year this year Emily. You deserve it!
I love the feeling of a new day, a new week, a new year. I love the feeling of starting fresh again. I think Heavenly Father did that on purpose. Life will be good to you. I know it will.
I can remember people saying to me "One day at a time" over and over after my husband died. To which I thought..."of course, I'm taking one day at a time...I have no other choice." I think it was something for them to say when all other words seem to fail. One gift of loss is it totally focuses you on what's important in life, the situations that tend to bog other people down don't seem nearly so big and it keeps you focused on going home. Hope your year is wonderful. The truth is God is good and He's the same yesterday, today and forever.
Ruth
You have gone through so much stuff in the last 2 years. Im so glad that you feel that it's ok to finally okay to start feeling better. J would have wanted you to do that. Someone told me once, that with everyone new year, there was new beginnings waiting to heppen around the corner. I'm know that, that's true.
I know that you don't know me. I'm a friend of your cousin, Susan. I've been following your blog, watching and crying as I see everything that you go through. I can't imagine how difficult this must be for you to go through this, but I admire everything that you do and am in awe at your strength. You will be blessed for handling this trial so well. Thank you for giving me the strength that I've needed on my hard days.
This must be a sad and lonely day for you, but happy also for all the love and good experiences you had with J. Your wedding day was so magical. I remember the tears of love for you flowing down J's face, he had never been happier. His love continues now, and forever. J will always watch over you and the kids. I know J always went out of his way to make your anniversaries special, you must miss him tremendously. I hope you will have a chance today to look back on the many happy memories. It was a blessing that you were able to go on such wonderful trips together: New York City, Florida, Chicago,
Washington D.C., Idaho, Utah, many California trips..... (I hope I'm not putting too much info here...) I just want to let you know how blessed we are to have you in our family. You are a wonderful Mom to K and C.
We Love You......
Post a Comment